History is the record of past human activities that take place on the surface of the earth. Teaching methods are different principles and methods that are used to instruct students in a learning environment. The methods used by a teacher will depend on the skills or information that the teacher wants to convey to his students. Some of the most common teaching methods are memorization, class participation, recitation and demonstration. While these teaching methods are widely used, each instructor has a specific teaching method. Teachers must be flexible in their methods and often adapt their teaching style to accommodate their students.
Efficient teaching methods are essential tools that can help students achieve success in the classroom. Each student has a different personality and learning abilities. There are several factors that a teacher should keep in mind when choosing a teaching method for his students. Some determining factors for selecting a teaching method include the interest and prior knowledge of the student, as well as their environment and learning skills. Teachers also help their students learn with various media, such as hearing aids, kinesthetic and visual. Instructors use these teaching methods to help students understand and complete class assignments.
The teaching method as history often includes lesson plans that students can use to help retain and remember information. Various forms of teaching methods used with the lesson plans are explanation, demonstration and collaboration. The explanation is similar to a conference that provides detailed information on the specific topic. Demonstrations are used to provide visual learning opportunities from different points of view and collaboration allows students to participate.
TYPES OF TEACHING METHODS
There are two main types of teaching methods that are a non-participatory method and a participatory method. They are considered as the main categories, although non-participatory methods can only use one type, which is the reading method. This can be applied in the case of a high population or a large number of students in the class. The following are the main teaching methods that are applied as participatory methods of teaching, especially in the teaching of history:
1. HISTORIAL METHOD: they are teaching methods that are applied as the main method, particularly in the lower population classes. For example, when teaching in class, you can mainly decide to choose a particular subject and tell the related story to attract students’ understanding to understand the lesson. The teacher guarantees the time scheduled in the time table and the work plan of the lesson plan and the lesson notes are followed fluently.
2. METHOD OF DEMONSTRATION: teaching strategies are careful action plans to achieve an objective, or the art of developing or carrying out a plan of this type. This is an elaborate and systematic action plan. This is the whole plan made to help students access information. Teaching strategies can be applied for this and not for that. Teaching strategies should aim to involve auditory, visual, audio-visual and kinesthetic aids. The demonstration method can be applied in a small class different from the reading method that can be applied when the population of the class is high.
3. METHOD OF QUESTION AND ANSWER: these methods also refer to the system under which it is applied when teaching in class to ensure that students are memorizing.d is increasingly high in class. The prior knowledge of the student is considered of great importance. From this source is where the knowledge ditch is dug to make a great and wide channel of knowledge. Through this means, it is guaranteed that the students and the teacher share the problems of postponement.
4. DISCUSSION METHOD: this is applied by the teacher, depending on the nature of the class, regardless of who the small or large class is, it will allow the teacher to design the changes in a class. For example; The achievement of the instructional objectives depends on the method used. If the objectives require the student to make a list, mention or name, the teaching method, strategies and techniques should be related to the list, the mention or the appointment.
5. METHOD OF EXPLANATION: This is a method under which instructors tend to use lesson notes from different sources to exchange ideas with their students and make sure they also understand the lesson. Here the teacher acts as the main instructor and the students tend to listen to him when they explain.